My Teaching Plan and Teaching Practice


Mabuhay My Lovely Reader!!!
Welcome back to Cyntia’s amazing blog. Hope you don’t feel bored hehe
Happy Reading♥♥

September 02nd, 2019
It’s the last day of me which mean I’ll have my teaching demonstration. I’ve been almost one month in here. I’ve been through First week for orientation, Second week for Observation, the third week of teaching assistant and this is my last week. It’s the time for doing my teaching Demonstration or teaching practice.
I was afraid and nervous at the same time. This was the first time that I taught students. You know readers, I attended for two sections ( two classes). Well, maybe we think that only two classes, but these two classes are well known as the smartest classes among all. Yes, St. Augustine for the girls class and St. Joseph for the boys class. My heart beats faster, I always said to myself that yes I can do it! No matter what, I belive I can through it well. Bismillah.
But before the day I taught at the class, My CT guided me to make Lesson Plan. First, she lent me IE For EC Integrated English for Effective Communication Philippine Literature 7 book. She let me to choose what lesson that I wanted to taught in the class.


Then, my choice was “Narrative Paragraph”. It’s in the Chapter 2. I chose it beside it’s part of the lesson in first topic, but also it’s easy and familiar to me. Then, My CT guided me to made the lesson plan. She’s kind and helped me to made it.

Teaching Plan

1.1 Curriculum
For the Junior High School in USJ-R, they use K to 12 Curriculum. The program standard for Philippines literature is the student demonstrates communicative competence through his/her understanding  of literature and other text types for a deeper appreciation. Especially for the grade 7 of Junior high school, they mostly do performance standard by learning how to resolving conflicts presented in literary selections; using tools and mechanisms in locating library resources. For example writing literature genres or narrative paragraph then they have to do a performance like story telling to be the value of they assessment.


1.2 Teaching Plan related to the Major

 

 LESSON PLAN


Name               : Cyntia Oktavani Siregar
Instructor         :  Mrs. Anna Lea Davide
                                        Grade               : VII (Seventh)
                                        Date and Time: Monday, 2nd  September 2019
                                                                 7 – ST. AUGUSTINE (10:05 – 11:05 Am)
                                                                 7 – ST. JOSEPH          (1:00 – 2:00 Pm)
   
I. The Objective :
       At the end of the lesson, students will be able to :
  1.  Identify the distinguishing features of literature during the period of apprenticeship and emergence.
  2.       Get information from the different parts of a book and from general references in the library.
  3.       Discriminate between literal and figurative language. Classify sample texts into literal or figurative. 
  4.       Identify and use noun phrase
  5.       Write a narrative paragraph.


II. Learning Content
a.       Topic          : Narrative Paragraph
b.   References  : IE For EC Integrated English for Effective Communication Philippine Literature 7.
The ugly duckling  – Fairy tales and stories for children

c.       Materials     : Projector, Laptop, Slide of Power point, Colorful paperboard for the sheets of assignment


III. Learning Procedure
       A. Mood Setting 
·         Students pray before starting the lesson and greeting.
·         After that, teacher will do a review with the previous lesson that still connect with the next topic which is about narrative paragraph. 

       B. Activity Proper
·         Students will watch, listen, read and convey the example video of Narrative paragraph.
·         With the guidance and direction of the teacher, students identify the generic structure of Narrative paragraph ( The generic structure and language features )
·         Teacher gives assignments activity to students. The students will work in team. They have to solve the questions then they do story telling in front of the class


        C. Closure
·    Teacher will ask students about what did they get about the lesson, Narrative paragraph.
·     Teacher will give the conclusion of the lesson, Narrative paragraph.



    Prepared By :

Cyntia Oktavani Siregar



Teaching Practice

I do My teaching demonstration for one hour of each class. It means that I have 2 hours in two classes.
  • Praying and greeting for 5 minutes

  Before start the lesson, I let the leader prayer to lead the pray. After that, I said, “Good morning girls (for St. Augustine class) and Good Morning Boys (for St. Joseph class)”, they always replied by “Good Morning Miss. Cyntia, it’s nice to see you today”. Then I let them to arrange the chairs. I also do review of the lesson before. I do it to make them remember the previous topic that’s still related with the new lesson.




  •     Observe, Questioning, Exploration, Associate, Communicating for 50 minutes

I explain to them about Narrative Paragraph. I ask the comprehend of them about this topic. I use Powerpoint, projector and laptop to make my teaching process effective and efficient. After I give the explanation, I ask them who didn’t understand but all of them understand easily. Wow I told you right that these classes are so smart.
I played them a video, the title is “The ugly duckling” . Yeah, I choose that because the story is easy to understand, there’s moral story that they can learn. After I played the video, I have some questions for them. I want to check their comprehend based on the story. When I asked them, you know readers they are so active. Many of them put their hands up to answer it. I’m so confused to choose haha. They answered it in the good way and critically. Wow i love my students.




And for the method of my teaching demonstration, I divided them into three groups for doing their assignments. I make this method because I want them to be more responsibility, know how to work together in team and respect with each other when they discuss. I use paperboard as the work sheet. I give the instructions to them. There are 3 stories. 2 legends and I fable. The legends that I made were the legends from Indonesia. There’re the Legend of Lake toba and Lake Maninjau.  I want them to know about Indonesian culture too.

So what should they do with the story? Well, so they have to identify the story by using the Generic structure of Narrative Paragraph that I already explain to them. I also said to them that 2 volunteers of each group to come in front of the class to do a story telling.
I give them 20 minutes to do it.









I always said to them “wow you’re so smart. Students, Give applause to your friends” after they tell their stories. They’re happy and did it so good.


At the end of the lesson, I asked them about the material again and asked them who could gave the conclusion of the lesson, what lesson that they got from this topic. Again, I’m confused to chose them haha but I had to and chosed three students.

Readers,  Because at That time was my last day in USJ-R . Before I really end up the lesson, my students made some notes for me. I want to cry. I have been one month attend to their class.  They made notes for me and gave their special things to me. They hug me too. I was crying oh my god. Then, I thought boys class didn’t want to make the same thing. But guess what? All of them made notes for me too. Here it was, there’s one boy who genuinely read his own note for me in front of the class . I’m so soft to hear it. It’s so touch my heart.  They really repect me as their teacher.  Thankyou my beautiful and handsome students. Aaaaaa I miss them so much L



Well, this time I want to thank Mrs. Davide because she helped me so much. She likes my teaching demonstrations and give me the best score. I’m so grateful for what I get. Thankyou so much ma’am for the this one month. Thankyou for making me more discipline and responsible. I will always remember you and miss you L

            For my students, St. Augustine and St. Joseph grade 7, thankyou so much for always supporting me and help me in the class during my weeks even it’s on oberservation, as teaching assistant and especially when I did my Teaching Demonstration. I’ll never forget you and don’t ever forget me too hehe. I love you, Mahal kita




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Summary And Suggestion

Opening Ceremony In USJ-R